darker dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I know how people feel about pet stores but I love going in and looking at the baby animals and using their cuteness to convince my husband he needs more. In both out pet smart and petco right now there are darker colored dragons. ones like offwhite with black checkers and hubs has already agreed that if it's a she she can be mine. The dragon is about 7 inches right now so I plan on asking to hold her and then checking the gender. On this note, I have been considering starting breeding in a year or two (after hubs get his orders on where his subs duty will be. That in mind it'd be tempting to pick up as many darker colored dragons as I could (the reject dragons in pet stores :() so I could try selectively breeding for darker genes. Honestly I love the dark checkers on the dragon I want. And there's one in petco that's pretty dark grey with darker markings. I find them beautiful and I know I can't be the only one. I've owned my baby about a year and while I love his bright orange legs and yellow head I find his back absolutely gorgeous when he darkens up. It bugs me that people appreciate white and yellows and reds but never appreciate the gray and black stripes. What are other people's thoughts?

ps: that dragon I want is over 3 months old, and is going on sale because she just hasn't sold. I've been eyeing her for months and I think its my time to rescue her. No more twice a week at least trips to the pet store, just gotta make her mine.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....if you want it + can afford it, go ahead and get it. Sounds like she's just waiting for you. :)
Keep in mind that a dark baby may change dramatically as it grows and may not look like it does now when it becomes adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom