Dark Spot On Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Little Pheobe hasn't had any health problems since I got her, but I noticed a black spot on her tail that appeared after like a day. What's curious is that on the white underside of her tail at around the same spot, there's another black spot. I wondered if it were possible she maybe got caught somewhere? possible fungus? she does have crickets in her enclosure but they are never left there overnight.

It would be great if someone could give me a more definitive answer as to what it is and how to treat it, I'm new to the rodeo after all and it would be horrible if I chose the wrong treatment.

By the way, she is in the process of shedding her tail. I don't know if that's helpful but I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks!
107439-6601715796.jpg
107439-7001830977.jpg
107439-17238730.jpg
107439-8476506280.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those look similar to the tail spots my guy has. They don't seem to change much over time and the scales aren't damaged - just have a darker color to them. I don't find it to be anything concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom