dark lump

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon hasnt been eating and doesnt look to good. I need to know if the problem is this odd dark lump that I noticed the day I got him. It is under his arm and It isnt anywere else on him. In a moment I am going to give him a warm bath and if that doesnt work then I am going to have to take him to a vet and I dont Know any exotic vets local to me. please Help! I live in castle rock colorado. I dont wont him to die! He is only a juevinile! :shock:

Fogles

Juvie Member
Feel the lump, does it feel hard/disfigured and does it move?

Please also tell me the following.

Size of your tank.
Current UVB Bulb, Name and Brand.
Current Basking Bulb, Name and Brand.
Current Substrate, (I,E..Sand, Repti-Carpet..etc)
Current Basking Spot Temperatures.
What are you feeding him? How many times a day?

beardielover68

Original Poster
the current size of the tank is 50 gallons,the current ubv light is the slim line reptile fixture 15 watt, the current basking light is the clamp lamp 75 watt, the current substrate is repti carpet,I put it at 95 deggres but recently since it is winter and I live in colorado it fell to 80 deggres,I feed him mealworms 1 time a day and I feed him crickets 2 times a day.

Fogles

Juvie Member
beardielover68":8bb0b said:
the current size of the tank is 50 gallons,the current ubv light is the slim line reptile fixture 15 watt, the current basking light is the clamp lamp 75 watt, the current substrate is repti carpet,I put it at 95 deggres but recently since it is winter and I live in colorado it fell to 80 deggres,I feed him mealworms 1 time a day and I feed him crickets 2 times a day.
If I'm not mistaken, The ESU Kit (Slim Lime UBV Light) Is proven to be bad for dragons.

For a 50Gallon, I would look into getting a MVB (Mercury Vapor Bulb). It produces HEAT, LIGHT, UVB, UVA. You can find them for cheap on petmountain.com

His basking temps should be around 100-105 Degrees, His cool side should be between 75-80 Degrees.
Please keep us posted on your dragons condition!

Thanks,
Michael.

beardielover68

Original Poster
Thank you so much michael! I will be sure to get an mvb. I will keep you updated on my bearded dragons health.But what is that dark lump then? :D

Fogles

Juvie Member
beardielover68":058c9 said:
Oh and I forgot to tell you the lump is hard.

Can you get a picture of it? How long have you had him? What type of substrate was he on when you got him? Feel the lump, Does it move when you touch it?

beardielover68

Original Poster
i will try to get a picture of it. he was on sand when i got him.the lump doesnt move when i touch it. thanks! :!: :!:

Fogles

Juvie Member
beardielover68":b7a2f said:

I would suggest probably getting it checked out at the vet, although it's not effecting his health at the moment..It could possibly in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom