Dang Cats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Not as bad as the title might suggest..but frustrating.
My low temp alarm started going off on my incubator and sure enough temps got down to 78°F...not a major emergency, but thankfully I was home. After tearing everything apart and pushing buttons and sliding switches I figured out what the problem was. But my incubator has more dials and switches than the space shuttle and I messed all my settings up...only to discover my cats unplugged the cord going to the heating elements!!! Now I get to spend a couple hrs trying to fine tuning things again. Thankfully I have 3 incubators so I can move egg boxes to one that is working until I get my big one dialed in again. Dang cats could have messed up 21 weeks of incubation...
Crisis averted thankfully!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
This is twice now....there won't be a third time. I taped all the plugs into the power strips :)
If that doesn't work, I'm really going to miss my cats.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I taped the plugs in before...but apparently not good enough. I doubt they will yank them out now. Everything is working perfectly once more, and eggs are happily cooking in the big incubator once again :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rankins":1fl8l1ow said:
This is twice now....there won't be a third time. I taped all the plugs into the power strips :)
If that doesn't work, I'm really going to miss my cats.
I wouldn't miss them :roll: :roll: :roll:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
oh my.... I read your title and thought , :( no .... please no .... !!!

My first thought was my warnings about cats living in a home with lizards had happened AGAIN.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Id say spray them with a water bottle when they mess with the plugs... but sprayin water onto a cat on an electrical socket?? You'd be missing your house more!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I just hate to see this sort of a conflict, because I love both cats and reptiles. But I've never had both in the same house at the same time. The only reason I don't have cats now is because my husband is allergic to them. That's actually how we became reptile people. We were sitting around one afternoon talking about what we were going to do about the mouse population in our house, which had risen alarmingly since the cats left (both of us are allergic to mice, too, even though neither of us has the heart to trap them and kill them), and we started talking about getting a snake, and the rest is history, even though one of the first things we learned about the snake is that for his own health and safety, we couldn't turn him loose and let him hunt wild mice.

Almost 15 years later now, we're a two reptile family buying frozen mice and live bugs at the petstore and still trying to control the "wild" (house)mouse population in our home by keeping their habitat and their food supply to a minimum (clutter control and clean up crumbs as best we can). And maybe the most important thing I've learned is that you can cuddle a reptile :love5: it doesn't have to be warm and fuzzy.

I love our bearded dragon and our snake, but sometimes I do still miss the cats :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom