d3 overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossm007

im using the reptisun 5.0 bulb and also dusting his food wit flukers calcium which also contains vitamin d3.
on the bulb box it says that it may cause a d3 overdose, should i by calcium powder witout d3, or should i not use my reptisun bulb? will he get enuff from just the dustings? no right?? sorry i dont kno wut to do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Don't worry if you are using a flourescent tube bulb which you are, the D3 use is fine. The Reptisun 5 is an ok light, but it will need to be replaced at 5 months. Maybe you could upgrade to the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb. It is stronger UVB emissions.
You can use calcium with D3 5 times per week, on 1 dusting per day.

Tracie

Tigg

Juvie Member
I will second that... Your BD's body should be producing it's own D3 with proper UVB lighting, However the Reptisun 5.0 is not exactly the highest UVB output you can get. I would keep using the Cal with D3 until you can upgrade to a Reptisun 10.0 or better yet a MVB bulb, then it will no longer be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom