Cyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well it just depends. I have a friend who's a small time breeder and during the summer of 2008 her female lay 3 cluctches, total 64 babies over 3 months. Then this past summer she bred two of her dragons and there was one clutch of 22. So you can't tell, but I tell you, if you want healthy babies, you have to have alot of tanks as they can't always be together. Some babies have to be on their own for different reasons. You need UVB & basking for them all, plus feeding 3x a day as much as they'll eat, plus daily baths so they don't get dehydrated. You have to care of them all & it's very time consuming & just the bugs can cost a fortune. Then it's best to keep them at least 6 weeks if not 2 months to make sure they're socialized & very healthy. Vet visits may be necessary, that can also cost alot. If you can raise different bugs, that's good, too, but if you're buying them all, expect a large cost. Then selling them can be difficult because you get attached & you want good homes, not selling to a pet shop. And I"m just telling you from hearing about it from my friend and others. It's costly and you don't always get your $ back. Alot of breeders have f/t jobs to defray costs, as you have to consider the cost of electricity of all those lights & do you have room for multiple tanks? It's alot of work & constant works to keep them healthy, no tail nips or eating fingers or toes. So if you consider it, you have to do your homework & expect 3 to 4 clutches from one mating! And that's just the babies & not caring for the mom!

tweet0302

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's to much money and work for me i don't have time for that so I'll be keeping my male and female apart when they get older

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom