Custom enclosure lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
I am currently building a custom cage 4'x2'x2'. I am going to order a 36" t8 fixture for the reptisun. I already boutght two dimmers and two heat fixtures. This is simar design to the crossfire cage. My question is should I install both heat fixtures or am I going to end up wasting the second one. I also don't know if I should put it on the cool side or the middle. I was thinking I might need it with a ceramic heater. My house can be quite cool in the winter but there isn't going to be a ton of heat escape from this like my current glass cage with screen top and vented sides. Please give me your opinions.

FoothillBeardie

Hatchling Member
How hard would it be to add it later if you need it? I put a second light fixture in my vivs just incase I need to add a CHE later. Or leave it out and add it if you need it.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the response. I am hoping that once he is in I don't have to mess with the lights too much. I going to use a dimmer on every heat fixture but I don't know where to pit the second one or if it is really needed at all. I could put a low watt regular bulb in it just to add more light I guess or a CHE if it does get top cold on the cool side. So sinsemilla I already bought it should I put it in the middle or on the cool side?

FoothillBeardie

Hatchling Member
Well I think placement of the fixture will depend on temps and what your going to put in it. If your gonna put a regular low watt bulb in it I would put it on the cool side. If a CHE will be used I would tend to think in the middle would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom