Crossfire Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Im finishing up my tank now.. Just got my track for my plexi in today. I have a few questions that Ive not seen answered.

I built mine out of Melamine as recommended.. I've been through page after page of the viv pics only thread. I wouldn't mind having something on the walls aside from the tank decor and fake plants, but I can't figure out what to use. I would love it to be as simple as just taping up a fake background like I did with his 55gallon. But I know that by having the background up on the walls he would just rip it off with his nails if he ever decided to try and climb it like he does in his tank now. I just think only white walls would kill me if I had nothing else around haha. Can anyone give me some ideas for the insides of the tank? Im thinking about going tile on the bottom again and I know how to clean that.. But what do I use to clean the back and sides with, with glass its easy to clean. But what about this Melamine stuff?

Last but not least.. I don't mind the white insides if thats what I am left with, but I want to paint the outsides if at all possible. Can it be done? If so can I just get some paint and go with it? Will it stick or do I need to do a special primer or promoter or a special paint?

Im really not looking forward to a solid white tank at least on the outside!

HELP!

izz

Juvie Member
Paint the back with your choice of non toxic paint.Black is a good colour, or you could have a go at paint your on backround!!

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply! Will any paint stick to it? I really just want to at least paint the outside of the tank. The inside is fine being a solid white, that really doesn't bother me too much in the least.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bump.. All I need is glass and tile, then add decorations and it's done.

Im not seeing anything about painting it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom