Crocs my companion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
90802-6170351137.jpg
90802-2093832153.jpg
I have had Crocs for about 4 months. My lady friend could no longer keep her as she had attached herself to me during the last vist at Christmas and on her return home refused to eat and inflated her beard all the time. She then brought her back to Durban from Pretoria which is about 600 kms.
Since then she has been my full time pet, slave driver and companion. Our days are spent with early morning, around 8 am getting up and having breakfast. Thereafter is shower and poop time.
If the sun is shining and it is not too windy we bask for about 1 to 2 hours just watching the world go by. I live on a very busy intersection with lots of traffic and pedestrians so it keeps her fascinated.
At about 12 she has a short nap. Afternoons are spent in the garden running around and even climbing steps.
Her day ends at about 420 when she looks for a place to park her nose against and goes to sleep. I have her next to me while watching tv and make sure she is wrapped in her blanket. I put her into her home at about 930.
I must mention that she hates her house even though I tried everything to make it attractive and interesting. If she doesn't want to be in it she trashes everything she can. If I need to put her into it I wait until she is asleep and then put her in wrapped up in her blankie. It will be difficult during winter and cloudy days when she needs her proper lighting.
Well that's the first post of my girl Crocs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she has a great life =). I also live on a busy street with lots of pedestrian traffic and my dragon Darwin likes to sit in the window sill where he has a dog bed to sit on and watch everything. He also doesn't like being in his tank for long so I have set up basking lights around the house so he can return to them to warm up and bask as he wishes during his adventures around the house. He is only out when I am home though. Perhaps a similar setup will work for Crocs. I would offer a basking light that is just heat (halogen flood light works well) and one that provides UVB (I use a mercury vapor bulb from MegaRay). They can either sit on an adjustable stand or just be clipped to nearby furniture as is convenient.

Ronvrens

Original Poster
Hello

Thanks for the reply and info. Crocs gets about 2 hours a day raw sunlight. We have just had 3 days with no sun and lots of rain and it was a bit cold. Crocs wasn't a happy girl to get put into the tank for the uc lighting and warming up. Today she has already had about 90 minutes of sun .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom