Crinkly sound when opening mouth.? Emergent and time sensitive

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

They can get scared or panic while in the bath, especially if it's their first time in a bath, or just
don't like it, in general. So aspirating water is pretty common unfortunately but most of the times
you can ward off infections if it isn't too severe.

Tracie
Thankfully, she still seems okay. She had a bath before but since we got her, she's been so jumpy, and none of our others have been like that. She's having a hard time adjusting, we go to pet or pick her up and she bolts. She isn't dark or streaky though but she just got spooked and bolted. Shes shedding but she's acting like it's her first shed or something because she seems super freaked out by it. Poor thing, I hope she adjust soon.

Also, I could feel her eyes burning into my soul as I took this photo😅😅

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230902-195537.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230902-195537.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 40

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is so sweet there! I'm really glad that she seems to be all back to normal. There is no telling what
scared her that day but it probably wont be the last time. They are pretty jumpy at the younger ages but
shedding definitely stresses them.
Keep us posted on her!🌹🙂

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

She is so sweet there! I'm really glad that she seems to be all back to normal. There is no telling what
scared her that day but it probably wont be the last time. They are pretty jumpy at the younger ages but
shedding definitely stresses them.
Keep us posted on her!🌹🙂

Tracie
She's definitely doing better. She used to leap out of my hands when I'd go to pick her up, now she lets me do it. She's so sweet, she loves chin scratches more than anything ❤️

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That's great, it sounds like she is back to normal now. Hopefully she wont be bolting again anytime
soon. They are very sweet & it sounds like she loves you too!❤️

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello!

That's great, it sounds like she is back to normal now. Hopefully she wont be bolting again anytime
soon. They are very sweet & it sounds like she loves you too!❤️

Tracie
She's still a tad skittish, I think mostly because the other lizards. But we try to take her out once they're all in bed and stuff. She would risk her safety for some chin scratches though.😅

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good she is doing well! Go slowly with her & hopefully eventually she will calm down
some for you. :)

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom