Crinkly sound when opening mouth.? Emergent and time sensitive

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I gave Miko a bath and the water was to her elbows and she didn't dunk her head in. She did splash some water and get it on her face but that's it. Since getting out, she keeps opening her mouth over and over with some weird...crinkly/raspy(?) sound. But I can't tell if it's loose shed (her whole body is shedding), coming from her mouth as it opens or from her chest/lungs and I am freaking out. I tried to get a video and here is a link. It's real quiet so you may need to turn it up all the way to heat it.

She's acting normal, still skittish and running around and looks alert but the sound is weird... What do you think.?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I can't hear it on my phone, she looks ok.
Watch her for labored breathing. If it's not labored she is probably fine. 🙂

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I can't hear it on my phone, she looks ok.
Watch her for labored breathing. If it's not labored she is probably fine. 🙂
It's really hard to hear but it literally sounds like a wet crinkle. She's constantly having labored breathing not always super fast but real hard. Mostly cause I think she's still scared and toothless is constantly showing his ass.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sorry i was slow to get back worked sucked today. Hiw is your girl?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Sorry i was slow to get back worked sucked today. Hiw is your girl?
It's all good, I totally get it.

She's acting normal. Shortly after it started, she stopped making those noises but I'm paranoid it was because she had water in her lungs or something and I'm gonna be up all night checking on her. It literally sounded like when speakers make that popping/static kinda sound, it's so weird.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is odd, but since you did have her in a bath, it's possible she aspirated some water perhaps.
For now, place her in a downward slanted position, just slight, so in the case she has fluids in her
lungs they can drain out.
Can you keep her a little warmer overnight for a week or so too? Usually 75-80F is good to help
boost the system.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

That is odd, but since you did have her in a bath, it's possible she aspirated some water perhaps.
For now, place her in a downward slanted position, just slight, so in the case she has fluids in her
lungs they can drain out.
Can you keep her a little warmer overnight for a week or so too? Usually 75-80F is good to help
boost the system.

Tracie
That's what we were thinking and we read it's relatively normal. She didn't dunk her face but did run a lot in the tub. (She got freaked out) and splashed water in her face. She was acting totally normal and stopped doing it. I got the water out of her ears and there was some water I think trapped under some loose shed in/on her nose. I woke up late to get the kids to the bus stop so I haven't checked on her yet but I've been paranoid all night.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
How is she this morning? Hopefully it's all cleared up now. Honestly unless they drink in the bath or are dirty, there isn't much point to give them a bath. Just soaki g doesn't hydrate them at all.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
How is she this morning? Hopefully it's all cleared up now. Honestly unless they drink in the bath or are dirty, there isn't much point to give them a bath. Just soaki g doesn't hydrate them at all.
I gave her a bath because she hasn't drank anything lately and her whole body is shedding. She seems to be doing fine, running around and eating and isn't making that noise anymore.

Attachments

• 16935869876021945321770728478630.jpg
    16935869876021945321770728478630.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 43

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thats good to hear, man she is a cutie🙂

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Thats good to hear, man she is a cutie🙂
She's slowly starting to get better, not quite as jumpy. Man she can jump, it's ridiculous. And she is so darn fast, we've almost lost her a few times when she decides to take off.😭😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think around 13 mph is what that can run. I run 13 hpm lmao 🤣 🤣

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, she is one fast dragon! That's great to hear she is doing better now. She is very pretty!
You can keep her a little warmer overnight, just to be sure her immune system is boosted.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Wow, she is one fast dragon! That's great to hear she is doing better now. She is very pretty!
You can keep her a little warmer overnight, just to be sure her immune system is boosted.

Tracie
She's super fast. She panicked in the tub and ran on her back feet across the tub. I guess she must have gotten some water in her mouth while running. She still seems fine, thankfully. I kept a che on her, but our room stays a steady 75 to 80, it's still 90-100 degrees outside

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can get scared or panic while in the bath, especially if it's their first time in a bath, or just
don't like it, in general. So aspirating water is pretty common unfortunately but most of the times
you can ward off infections if it isn't too severe.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom