Crimson red hypo trans leatherback (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I got home from work and noticed her head started to get white. You think she's going into another shed after getting out of one last week? Also, she gained lots of this orangish yellowish color I just noticed. Its really nice actually. Shes looking more like her dad now. I took a quick pic of her now and I also added a pic of her father from the breeders webpage. He is a silkback.

2zjhs10.jpg

fdhc1l.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
She's beautiful! It looks like she's still getting used to her new place. IT will happen soon and she will be happy to be with her new people.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":33a9wki1 said:
She's beautiful! It looks like she's still getting used to her new place. IT will happen soon and she will be happy to be with her new people.

So your saying that she will increase and change in color as she gets more comfortable? I seen her get dark when stressed and then lighten up again but I never seen her yellow and orange colors like this. I hope she will look like her father when she grows up because he's gorgeous. The top part of her head seems to finally be shedding off.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's heading into shed. Her tail and back legs is all white and her color has greatly reduced color and looks dull. She's eating great and is very active in the tank.

6odisk.jpg

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Looks like I'll be getting another leatherback!

I just got off the phone with Terri from Fire and Ice Dragons and I placed a pre order on a super citrus leatherback male from the Piper x Thor clutch. I asked her if she had any pure yellow leatherbacks that will look like the dad Thor and she told me she had the perfect one! She said she's seen many citruses before and the reaction this male gave her after his second shed doesn't happen a lot. She told me he is $500 shipped which was a risk since I don't get to see the dragon but I totally trust her word for it. I've seen many dragons purchased from her and their gorgeous. I've also heard her $500 dragons are top of the line. Anyways, the male is 5 grams and will ship when he reaches 10 grams which Terri claims will be in about 2 weeks. I will def post pics of him when he arrives. Im so excited :)

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is a pic of my female while I fed her dubia roaches. She is 7 weeks old at 9" long and she weights 31 grams. Her color needs to be seen In person. I cannot get her color to look as it does in person but you can sorta see how she looks. Her red is beautiful and stands out from across the room. I'm excited to mate her with my super citrus leatherback male :)

dzw7jk.png

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She loves climbing on the thermometer lol. She did it again so I decided to take a pic.

iz7t09.jpg

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Decided to measure her today. She is 10 weeks old at 13 1/4" long. She's only 1/2" shorter than my male that is 13 3/4" long at 13 weeks old. She gained ton of color since her last shed. She's back into another shed 3 days after breaking out of her last one. She used to be 1 1/4" shorter than my male but she cut it down to just 1/2". Looks like she has the german giant genes from her mother after all.

vp7qbm.jpg

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I wanted to take a pic in normal lighting and not in her tank in that intense lighting. She's gotten really big as you can see. I have bigger hands than average since I'm really tall and she still almost covers my hand. Her color has really amazed me. She just turned like this after her last shed. She's such a bright red I LOVE it! Thank you for all the kind words :)

5ml5ll.jpg

AbesMomAK

This is great!! I actually got a male from the same breeder with the same Dad, Johan! His mom is Large Marge. I got him a month ago and so far he's grown 4 inches, and gained 100 grams! He's now 14 weeks, 14 inches and 130g. He's in shed right now too:) He's a big healthy boy and I love it!<3

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AbesMomAK":32wdbjgt said:
This is great!! I actually got a male from the same breeder with the same Dad, Johan! His mom is Large Marge. I got him a month ago and so far he's grown 4 inches, and gained 100 grams! He's now 14 weeks, 14 inches and 130g. He's in shed right now too:) He's a big healthy boy and I love it!<3

Looks like we have dragons from the same clutch. She is 14 weeks and large marge is her mother as well. You should post some pics of your male once he's done shedding. I'd love to see how he looks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom