Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No stupid questions, feel free to ask anything you want. First thing is you want to make sure you're feeding very small crickets. They should be no bigger than the space between your dragon's eyes. Once you have that set, you will want to dust the crickets. Use a good calcium +D3 dust one feeding about 5 times a week. The other two days you should use a vitamin supplement powder.

I pull the crickets from the big tank (20g tank that houses about 1000 crickets at a time) to a Cricket Keeper. They live in cardboard rolls so I just pick one or two of the rolls up and put them in the keeper. I move about 5 crickets at a time from the cardboard roll into a small cup that has a little bit of the dusting at the bottom. I gently shake the cup to coat the crickets, then pour them out into the tank. I repeat that for about 10 minutes or until the dragon is full and stops going after the crickets. Return any excess crickets to the cricket tank. Does this help?

Kryton

Original Poster
I asked this because the baby Beardie that we got over the weekend isnt chasing the crickets. I am having to catch one at a time, pinch off the long legs and drop it in front of him/she. Its also not eating as much as the forum says a 6" baby should. But it is eating some crickets so that is a good thing.We went to the grocery store today and picked up collard greens,turnip greens and squash, chopped some up very small and put it in the food dish.
No Go,but did take a bite out of a turnip green that my wife offered out of her hand.
I guess everyone goes to a fruit/veggy stand for mustard greens because 2 grocery stores we checked didnt sell it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It all depends what's fresh and available. Sometimes mustard greens were available at my grocery store, sometimes not. Take this list with you (on your phone perhaps) and cross reference. Go for whatever looks fresh at the store and corresponds to something on the green list. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

As for not chasing crickets, that may change once you get your lighting all configured properly. That has a huge affect on their health and mood. You could also try ordering some phoenix worms and see if he goes after those.

Kryton

Original Poster
Thats exactly what I did,checked out the list,wrote down the green items and went shopping.
As for the Phoenix worms,they only send them out Monday thru till 11am on Wendsday so I will order them on Sunday to try.Thought some of my local pet shops would sell Phoenix/Reptiworms,apparantly not.

LOL tould you I did my research,Ive spent some time reading this forum and it has been Very Helpful.

Thanks Cooperdragon you have been a lot of help answering my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom