Crickets and parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
What are the chances that the crickets I buy from my local reptile shop will carry on parasites to my beardie? Is it common for crickets to have parasites or is a cricket with a parasite something rare? Is there any way to prevent my baby beardie from getting parasites that may be in the crickets?? I just started thinking about the whole crickets + parasites thing the other day and now I'm a bit paranoid lol...

AutopsySoldier

Hatchling Member
What you got to watch out for is parasites with crickets on them...it's even more rare, but it does happen!

I'm just messing....ummm, I don't know of anyone who has gotten parasitic crickets before. Just buy Dubias!! They're so much better, I had bought 500 crickets before and hated everyone single one of them! and they stink! If you do, decide to get dubias in the future, get them from theroachguy.com he's pretty awesome!

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply :) I am just being a little over paranoid because I was thinking about the subject for a little too long....you know when that happens lol

I have been considering roaches for some time, but I'm still unsure because the thought of "roaches" kind of creeps me out :bleick: But I may just suck it up for the benefit of my beardie :roll: Do you know if theroachguy will ship to canada? I tried looking around his site but I did not see any mention of it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom