Cricket Supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there are any specific cricket suppliers that anyone here recommends. And I mean a LOT of crickets (thousands). The reason I ask is because I am curious about breeding and I am looking at options.

Now before you bash me for mentioning breeding, I don't plan to for AT LEAST 2 years. I have done tons of homework so far (this is pretty much how I have spent all my internet time over the past two months), and there is more to come. No, I am not doing it for profit. Yes, I know it costs money. I just think the experience would be interesting.

Anyway, I know it is early to be looking for suppliers, but I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions so I can look at prices for my financial plans. I have found a few on my own, but I have no experience with them and I don't know how reliable they are.

Thank you. :D

(unrelated brief question for curiosity's sake: I know its best to take the dragons to the vet before brumation for a fecal. I assume you need to take the females in again before breeding right? (assuming its right after brumation). Or is it unnecessary if they were 100% good to go during the first vet visit?)

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Best thing to do is do a Google search cause there are tons out there. Also you can contact the suppliers and talk to them cause they will work out a better deal for you when you buy more. Hope that helped. :wink:

Psychopopcorn

Original Poster
Thanks. I have googled a lot. I just posted this thread because I was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences with a supplier.

I mean, even if I contacted them, they aren't going to tell me their crickets usually arrive half dead. Or, whatever other issues come up with this type of transaction. And if I just go by my own trial and error, thats quite a bit of money I could be wasting... I mean, if I have to, I will just do that with smaller quantities at first... But I was just hoping for someone with experience to offer some insight.

No biggie , thanks for responding. :D

Psychopopcorn

Original Poster
awesome, I have looked at these sites before, but was unsure , I'm happy they have a good reputation here. Thanks so much again.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Glad to see you're doing all of your homework before jumping it! Yay for you!! :D

I've only ordered from Ghann's, but they've been amazing so far. I've had no need to try anyone else. They always ship on time and when the crix arrive there are very little deaths. They're clean... well, as clean as crix can be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom