Cricket substrate

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There isn’t anywhere near me that sells them locally but I suppose I could buy them online… I think I will stick to crickets, though. They breed like crazy!
Ok or bsfl is an option a long w/ silk worms- feeders are cheaper on line

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Silkworms are great feeders, they have nutrients that other feeders don't have.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
No kitty litter, use oatmeal. Then cardboard egg crating or toilet paper rolls [ or paper towel rolls ] for the cricks to crawl and hide in.
Alright, good to know! I have plain oats that I use for gutloading, should I ditch the bowl and make that the substrate?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yep, just a half inch or so and make sure it stays dry. It's easy to scoop out dead crickets and it controls the odor. Works best if you have an open or screen top.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Yep, just a half inch or so and make sure it stays dry. It's easy to scoop out dead crickets and it controls the odor. Works best if you have an open or screen top.
Perfect! I have my crickets (usually 200 at a time) kept in a 30 gallon aquarium with a mesh screen top at the moment. I think I’ll try the oat substrate

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom