Cricket Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys to feed your crickets? On hand, I have some roach chow that I got with my dubias.. will that work? Or is there a preferred cricket feed somewhere? I have fluker's for gutloading but need some regular food and wondering what my best bet was.

apbgv

Hatchling Member
I feed my crickets fish food and chicken food along with the regular cricket food. Some occ cat food or dog food.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Fresh fruits and veggies, along with some high protein dog/cat food work well. Crickets will eat anything almost literally. A good non-medicated chicken egg laying mash works very well and can be bought in 40-50# bags for around $8-12 at a local feed store. The roach chow will work fine too, just might get expensive, as crickets eat a lot more than roaches because of their higher metabolism. Baby food cereal, whole oats and other grains are other alternative cheap food sources for them as well. Just try to make sure you have a high protein diet to keep the cannabalism to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom