Cricket cut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Hi there

So now my BD is 14 months old I am starting to think about cricket cut down! She LOVES them and I cannot stress enough how much she loves eating crickets like all BD's I guess.

So, I read that around this age or 18 months old we should make the diet 80% veg and 20% protein (crickets) so that's all well and good but how many is 20%? right.

So I guess I am asking how do I know how much 20% is? Veg wise she gets a bowl full and eats most not all. At present she eats 20 - 25 M size crickets at her usual time of 2:30 pm

Thank you for any advice

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Tengu....is she a big girl ? Can you post full body pics of her ? It is good to slow down on bugs, but if she's still on the small/slim side than don't reduce the amount of bugs too quickly. And the 80 -20 ratio doesn't always work out in reality....just offer as much greens + veggies as she'll eat, but focus on greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion. My dragons also get fresh green leaf clover from my yard along with dandelion and mulberry leaves from my tree....but the staples are turnip + mustard greens. If you pick any greens from your yard, only do so if no pesticides are used nearby on a regular basis.

Insects can still be offered daily, but you can skip once in a while if she is not eating many greens just to try to get her to eat the salad.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi

Thanks for the reply!

She is getting bigger recently! She is shedding now again which I believe is due to her growing. She is 36cm and 146g at last weeks weigh in. She is definitely growing as today I noticed she is squashing past the rocks where she sleeps LOL

She is a very, very clever girl! Once I was late giving her salad and when I did she didn't touch it as she knew the crickets were coming and didn't want to fill up on veg!! Also if I am late with crickets which I am usually not she will come to the front of the tank and look at me as if to say "errrr forget about me?" "hellllooooo I am here!!"

Thanks again

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your'e welcome.! She sounds like she has quite a personality. :) They are funny little buggers ! Well, she still has a lot of growing to do, at 14" and 146 grams she is still a juvenile size. Most dragons will reach 18-20" average, some a bit bigger, some a bit smaller and weigh in the 375 to 600 gram range. Keep feeding her all the bugs she wants , even twice daily on some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom