Crazy head bobber!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falkor head bobs a lot. Not all the time, but he has crazy head bobbing spells a few times a day. He runs from one side of the tank and stops and head bobs, he runs to the other side of his tank and stops and head bobs. He climbs up his log and head bobs at the top, he gets in his hammock and head bobs. He just runs all over the place head bobbing at nothing. He is very friendly but used to be a tough guy. I was just wondering why he does it, I know sometimes he can see his reflection in the glass but a lot of the time he just head bobs at nothing. When he does it he will sometimes have a black beard but not puffed.
I take him out a lot. This is how he spends a lot of his time.
Falkorinsweatshirt01NOV2010.jpg

sirenique

Hatchling Member
Hahahah so cute, that's how Bones spends most of his time out of his cage too -- boob cuddles! XD Adorable!

Sometimes Bones will head bob at nothing as well, and when it's not his reflection I noticed he does it when I add new stuff to his viv or change the layout! He likes bobbing at plants... I think Dawn is right, they're just angsty teenage lizards!

FalkorsMommy

Original Poster
HAHA! He just turned a year, and what else is really strange he used to be VERY aggressive. I couldn't even pick him up, he would hiss at me and sometimes jump at my hand and try to bite me. He always had a black puffed beard anytime I went near his tank. Now he is a total angel, it's like he changed overnight and it also happened about the same time the crazy head bobbing started. Now I just reach in his tank and pick him up, he never gives me a beard and I can give him kisses and everything. He even lets my Husband touch him and he HATED him.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
LOL! I guess it is the opposite for beardies than it is for humans. As soon as my son became a teenager he didn't want anything to do with me. :(
It sounds like puberty has it's advantages. Well at least in Falkor's case, LOL

FalkorsMommy

Original Poster
OMG no you didn't offend me, hehe.
Here, I'll post a cute picture of Falkor sleeping to keep the thread going!
SleepingFalkor.jpg

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
Draco will bob at everything and anything. I don't have any other animals around but fish, so I'm not really sure what he is bobbing at most of the time. He never black beards, or is aggressive, just loves to run around on the sofa, or around the edges of a chair in our house bobbing with every step. It must be a teenager/puberty thing. hehe you lizard looks quite comfy though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom