Crazy Beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has gone crazy.
I walked in my room (also where my beardie was housed), to see her running frantically around her terrarium. There were no stress marks. As soon as she saw me, she jumped up on her log and closed her eyes. I walked out of the room, but came back in five minutes later. My bearded dragon was still running around, and jumping from object to object. I even saw her bite an artificial flower and drag it across the cage. She was making a huge mess, to I said "HEY". She stopped, and jumped on her log to play dead. My face throughout this: :shock:

So, my female, Max, eats out of a bowl like a dog. Well we noticed that she puts her foot on the bowl to tip it towards her. Yesterday, her bowl was empty so she would bump it as she went by to make it ching against the tank. The second time she did it she stared at me. I told my husband, you're seeing this, right?? He said yep. Worms, Woman! :roll:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
jenh010112":2mbz7ii4 said:
So, my female, Max, eats out of a bowl like a dog. Well we noticed that she puts her foot on the bowl to tip it towards her. Yesterday, her bowl was empty so she would bump it as she went by to make it ching against the tank. The second time she did it she stared at me. I told my husband, you're seeing this, right?? He said yep. Worms, Woman! :roll:

:laughhard: :whip:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
CooperDragon":ud05bsqr said:
jenh010112":ud05bsqr said:

:laughhard: :whip:

NOT just a dumb lizard .... she's worked out how to get your attention and get what she wants from you ..... she'd a cleavour girl that one.

Sounds like the kinds of things Puff used to do and like what Rex does (especially the making a sound)..... don't be surprised if she makes a little game of it especially if it works.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
jenh010112":33stiy8l said:

Funny buggers hey !

Peppa (my 20 wk old little girl) is perpetually starving .... I give her crickets to her and she demolishes them in under 5 minutes then comes over and stares at me - pretty clear she's thinking , "STILL HUNGRY! I WANT MORE .... NOW !!!!!"

,so I give in and drop a cricket or mealworm beetle (while still soft) or a mealworm pupa in one at a time and she clobbers these instantly....
I've taken to making sure the insects go in so they are all over the place , so she has to chase them, very entertaining watching furiously dashing and there and there like a mad lizard slamming each insect she sees.

Toothless (same age . my little leatherback boy) on the other hand , is much more laid back and lazy, he simply sits and waits for the insects to come within tongue range and zap they are gone and he's got an satisfied look on his face while he's munching away on the unfortunate insect.

They both love their salad and greens too.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
OasisBeardedDragons":der9o6a3 said:
My bearded dragon has gone crazy.
I walked in my room (also where my beardie was housed), to see her running frantically around her terrarium. There were no stress marks. As soon as she saw me, she jumped up on her log and closed her eyes. I walked out of the room, but came back in five minutes later. My bearded dragon was still running around, and jumping from object to object. I even saw her bite an artificial flower and drag it across the cage. She was making a huge mess, to I said "HEY". She stopped, and jumped on her log to play dead. My face throughout this: :shock:
mine does this when i sit next to his tank at my desk......the funniest thing is when he goes to the side platform on his brick bridge and jumps straight off of it and i hear a thunk....then hes running around, flipping, spinning, scratching at the glass, falling on his butt, and then running along the front glass bobbing his head up and down against the glass. and when i tell him "im not falling for it" he pauses flips his tail at me then runs up to his basking spot and lays there looking all depressed.....

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
jenh010112":u1be33gt said:
mine tries to get then from in the cup before i take the lid off.....even when the cup isnt in his tank!!

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
agni glass dances frequently as well, no stress marks, nice and bright colors. i take him out of the tank and he immediatly darkens up and gets a bit of blackbeard going, till i put him back in, and he continues glass dancing. seems he does it to burn off energy but doesnt want to be outside his tank.

he also takes random flying leaps into the glass while he's basking. its weird and i cant figure out why

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
SkyfangRauss":benr3gts said:
agni glass dances frequently as well, no stress marks, nice and bright colors. i take him out of the tank and he immediatly darkens up and gets a bit of blackbeard going, till i put him back in, and he continues glass dancing. seems he does it to burn off energy but doesnt want to be outside his tank.

he also takes random flying leaps into the glass while he's basking. its weird and i cant figure out why
yup its a *thunk* then you cringe and look at the tank ot make sure he didnt break it THEN check him out thing.....

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I don't think they are crazy at all, just different.

I'm betting if they could , our beardies would have a thread titled "Crazy Humans!".

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
kingofnobbys":rwptv2j3 said:

I'm betting if they could , our beardies would have a thread titled "Crazy Humans!".
Or "Gullible Humans" i swear they have meetings when we're not looking

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardymama33":2ses68df said:
kingofnobbys":2ses68df said:

I KNOW the local resident wild water skinks have meetings, I've seen their meetings sometimes .... I'm sure they were working on a plan to raid my mealworm and cricket stocks.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
kingofnobbys":2wr9w9kz said:
Beardymama33":2wr9w9kz said:
kingofnobbys":2wr9w9kz said:

I KNOW the local resident wild water skinks have meetings, I've seen their meetings sometimes .... I'm sure they were working on a plan to raid my mealworm and cricket stocks.
Hehe i know i dont have to worry about escaped crickets for long... the semi wild geckos in my house will make short work of them! I can hear them having meetings...whats even funnier is now the crickets are having meetings on how to escape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom