Craigslist Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Hi all, sad story :(

I just recently came across a local posting on craigslist for someone selling their juvenile bearded dragon for $40. They said they got him all the way back in November of last year from Petco. I had gotten Gary from Petco September 30th so that tells me they must be close in age. Gary is now 20 inches long and pretty hefty as I realized shortly after rescuing him from Petco that they obviously shouldn't be selling animals...

The picture they included was of them holding the dragon in their hand. This beardie looked like a baby. Like maybe maybe 8 inches long? It was a bad picture and a little blurry. It's eyebrows appeared to be flat and he looked like skin and bones :( . So either they lied about when they got him or he was severely underdeveloped...

I was disturbed by this picture and the fact that they were trying to sell this poor animal for $40 on craigslist. I quickly emailed them and was polite... I said this dragon looks like he is going to die. You need to take it to a vet or a reptile rescue immediately if you no longer want it. It needs urgent care and selling it to someone on craigslist for $40 isn't the right way to help it if you no longer want it.

They took the posting down after I had emailed them this. I'm feeling like I shouldn't have said anything because now they will probably just keep it and let it die :( I wish so badly I could've taken this poor baby in but we already live in a tiny apartment with barely enough money or room for our Gary. But I feel that I should've rescued the beardie from this person myself and taken him somewhere I'd know he'd get help :( I just feel so sad for this poor innocent animal that couldn't help being sold at a crappy chain store to anyone that wants a lizard without caring how to properly take care of them... I just wish I could've done more, now I can't even contact the person...

What do you do in this situation? Have you experienced something like this before? My heart hurts for that poor beardie :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of the craigslist ads are rough to see. You probably did the right thing in encouraging them to seek medical help for their dragon. I hope they followed your advice but if he was that stunted and emaciated it may have been too late either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom