craigs list question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
im new to craigs list and was wondering how people find pets on it? i have read that a few people have rescued reptiles from craigs list but i cant find an option to search pets. i know that you can type in the search box but i wanted to look for more than just bearded dragons but i dont really know all of the names of different reptiles. how do people find things on craigs list?

kmc5

Hatchling Member
You look under the pet section, it is on the upper left hand corner box. The ads sometimes get flagged for various reasons. Flagging removes the ads before you can see them sometimes. They get flagged if they say, for sale, adoption price, or the price is too high. they must say, rehoming fees and then only for the cost of vetting the pet.

As for what to look for, in the Jackson Michigan Craigslist, there is a spiny lizard and tank for a rehoming fee of $50. I think the subject line says Lizard looking for a new home. Something along that line. This guy has been selling lizards since early November, I think this is his last one. I have seen a ruby tail boa on the list. Other than that, nothing else.

You could also look under farm animals. Some try to sneak "for sale" pets there. You could also post a want in the wanted section.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
It's easiest to search under specifics "bearded dragon" or even "reptile" or "lizard". I cruise Craigslist almost daily to see what people have posted.

Jeff

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ohh wow thanks, I was looking for a pet option but for some reason couldnt find one. now i see it. thanks again for your replies!! :blob5:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Craigslist is awesome sometimes, and depressing others. I got my beardie Foster from there, and he is wonderful. But sometimes I get really depressed looking at it, b/c there are so many animals that need help.

neecie

Juvie Member
I feel sad looking at craigslist too. I got a wonder cat on there - loved her a lot, but after only 2 yrs she passed. That's when I decided to go with a different pet, and got my beardie as a baby. My Sandy is now 6 months old and I often am shocked and happy that I've learned so much about bearded dragons and glad I made the change. My grandchildren are enjoying the experience of an "exotic" pet as well. I try not to visit the craigs pet section any more. However, bought and sold many items on there - it's great.

spikez123

Hatchling Member
btw some people flag for no reason at all. and it only shows a post if it has the word in it. and u need 2 be specific. lizard is different than lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeb
Top Bottom