cracking popping sounds in jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Sooner or later. most beardie slaves discover the idea of making up several days worth of dragon salad mix and keeping it in their fridge so they can just dole out handfuls each day -- saves a lot of extra work. At least he's eating lots of healthy greens (you're giving him the best kinds, especially endive and dandelion). Veggies are supposed to make up 80% of their diet when they get older -- supposed to, but some beardies don't know that. Our is just the opposite of yours -- he can pick worms out of a salad quite nicely without eating any of the greens. :roll:

Lots of beardies are more likely to poop in their water dish than drink from it too. Ours often poops in his bath, and that too makes it pretty easy to clean up after him. All you have to do is dump it down the drain. :wink:

It sounds like your beardie may indeed be going hormonal, regardless of what time of year it is and what hemisphere you're in. Ours once started his black bearding and head bobbing thing right after the winter solstice. He'd been sick, so I was glad to see that he was feeling well enough to even care about making little dragons, even though his biological clock was running about 3 months fast. Anyway, if that's all it is, your beardie should be back to his normal self in a few weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom