Couple Questions regarding crossfire plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
I took the crossfire plans and I shortened them down a bit so that the tank is like a 40gallon breeder. Im about to start assembly and Im missing a few pieces.

Circle Vents - I really liked the look of these, but Ive been to lowes and home depot and neither know what im talking about when I say circle vent. I continually get shown a ceiling diffuser or some dryer vent that opens with air pressure :(

Door Track - I seen a thread on here with the links on the front page, but is there an alternative to ordering a set of waiting? I mean, I can wait thats no big deal.. I just simply can't find this local and Im ready to start building.

Paint, Ive never seen/heard or used Melamine. I can't have the outside left white, I just can't do it. Can I paint it? What have some of you done for the inside walls? I wan't to tile the floor, but not grout. How is cleanup on this? Can I spray and wipe?

My tank dimensions are 36x18x18 so a little larger than a 40gallon breeder tank. This will be alright for my dragon correct? He is in a 55 long now, but its just not wide enough and he seems like sometimes he has a hard time getting turned around. Also I wan't to get a nice piece of wood inside here for him to climb on. If I find a log outside I know I can bake it or bleach it to get it safe right? But whats the best way to go about getting one in and getting it to stay in place without screwing it in or something?

I ran into the same problem with the circle vents, they had me looking for them where all the air vent registers are at, they're not there... they are in the roofing section. I had to give them the part number that I found online (http://www.lowes.com/pd_17208-228-50002_0__?productId=3017509&Ntt=air+vent&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dair%2Bvent%26page%3D3) until they realized where they were and sent me to the opposite end of the store :D

This may be the thread you saw for the tracks: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=145214 I got the one that Ziggy linked, they worked great but they were close to 1/8" wider then the 3/4" wood I used for the viv. I just cut down and nailed a piece of that cheap 1/8" thick wood that they sell at lowes around the frame where the trim will go to make it all flush.

For the paint, I went with a nice birch plywood that was a few bucks more then the melamine. I just put down a latex primer and picked the different colors I wanted from the valspar stuff at lowes. Worked nicely, and the birch didn't split or crack like i was afraid of having happen with the melamine (since I suck with carpentry).

Those dimensions should be fine... I went with the standard 4x2x2, it's pretty much just about going with the biggest you can afford/have room for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom