Could I Replace Salad with a Pellet Diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Hello. I have this pellet diet that my beardies seem to prefer over salad. I am curious if I can replace the collard greens with the pellets. My plan would be to always have the dry pellets in their tank. I already do that, but they just wouldn't get greens. I would still feed dubias. Thank you, Brandon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would stick to fresh food as much as possible to make sure they're getting nutritious veggies without additives or processing. Especially when they are older and eat mainly greens.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Looking at the ingredients list, I'd stick with fresh produce. It's heavily grain based and full of supplements/vitamins, the juvenile formula doesn't took as artificial, but fresh produce is easy and relatively cheap, if less convenient. Companies aren't particularly honest when it comes to the healthfulness of their products, or even the quality of their ingredients. Just like processed foods for humans, they can have a great taste without providing good nutrition.

The pellets are intended to be soaked in water, not served dry. Soaked in water they get gross fast, I imagine it's more work cleaning than greens is. Served dry there is potential for a dehydrating effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom