Correct feeding for a baby beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakequinn

Hello beardie lovers! :D Sorry that this may be long!

I don't have a bearded dragon yet but will be getting one in a few weeks when I have everything set up and money to buy one along with a bulk thing of feeders, but I have some questions about feeding(as well as other things, but I want to start with food).

What would you suggest as the best staple feeder for a baby?The amount would be as many as he/she can eat in 10-15 minutes, right?I'd of course have to buy in bulk...If I ccould feed Dubias I'd want to make my own colony, but a baby would eat the small nymphs(right?), so I don't think it'd be worth starting a colony right now..Am I wrong?

Also, I've ordered Rep Cal Bearded Dragon Juvenile Food, Rep Cal Calcium with D-3, and Rep Cal Herptivite Multivitamin, are these good?I figured I'd get those pellets to offer just in case along with the insects and salad of course.But are the calcium and multivitamin good?I'd need to dust the food with calcium 7x a week and 4-5x a week for the multivitamins, do i just dust the insects?And is it dusting once a day everyday/4-5 days, or is it every feeding for the amount of days?And how many times would you suggest feeding a baby?2-3 times a day with however much he/she will eat?

Also, what would you guys suggest offering as a salad?I know he/she probably wont eat a lot of it, if any at all, but I want to know what a good salad should consist of.

I can't wait to get my own baby! :blob8:

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
Mine always ate salad, even the small ones, just not every day.

The pellets seem to be a way for retailers to get more of our money, seen very few BD actually eat them.

The Rep-cal brand is excellent.

It takes 4-9 months to get a roach colony going well enough to start feeding from. If you got a starter colony then it would be producing when you really need it...aka bottomless stomach age of 6 months.

Yes to start off you will be feeding small crickets and small nymphs

kakequinn

Original Poster
Oh alright!Well that sucks that I bought it then!Oh well:)

I think I should look into getting a starter colony then...I don't want to wanna get to that point and then have nothing. :lol: Thank you for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom