Cool Side Temps Won't Climb Above 75 Deg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschasch

I cant seem to get my cool side of the tank up to 80 degrees as is recommended everywhere on the interwebs....

I wouldn't really be concerned about it, except he has been a real stubborn eater lately... He wont eat unless I place him under the basking light about 15 minutes before feeding, and then i have to place him right in front of the bsfl in order for him to even attempt to eat.

Is he just being stubborn, or could my temps be incorrect and adding to his stress? If so, and it is my temps, please advice me on how to correct them! Stats below!

Tank: 40 gal
Basking light 100w zoomed basking light with zoomed sun dome fixture
UVB: 24" retpisun 10.0 T5HO (tank top is not mesh, but rather a spread wire top to allow full uvb)
Hot side Temps: 105-112 Deg (depending on the day) (avg 108 Deg)
Cool side temps: 70-75 degrees.... never higher
Beardie Age: 4.5 months

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
Would need a pic to better assess the problem. Do you have a Che or bulb in the cool side? In my thoughts you temps seem to be right on. Sounds like he's being a picky eater. What do your tank temps do during the night when the light are all off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom