Cool side temps too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
I have a tank that is 40l x 20d x 20H. My basking spot is 100-105 for my adult beardie (2 years old 22.5" long). My cool side now that it is winter here is 73-75. Mid tank is 80-83. Does this sound ok? My tank does have alot of ventilation (side vents and screen top) and I thought that would help keep humidity down but now I am wondering if it lets too much heat escape. Here is a pic to help.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does sound like a lot of heat is escaping. What you could do is put a lower wattage household bulb on the cool side to try to get a temp between 78 to 82 with 80 being ideal. I would try a 40 watt bulb first. Let us know how you make out.

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had to use a 100 watt soft white bulb to get the cool side up to 77 right at the edge but most of the cool side is 80-83. hopefully he won't spend so much of his day in his hide. He has been eating and everything normally. Just hasn't been getting out from his hide and he should be basking after a meal.

Thanks for the help. I will keep you updated. Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom