Considering tile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have reptile carpet down in my little one's viv, which is working out just fine! But I've been reading lots of posts and seeing pictures where people have tile and I thought it'd be a lot less hassle! I'd only have to take out a single tile at a time to clean as needed instead of the entire carpet (and then also not have to take out all of viv decor :)
But just one question - what kind of tile should I get? I heard slate was good because it will also file beardies' nails, and obviously anything glazed would be aweful for them to walk on.. I've also been looking into any kind of natural stone tiling (just because of the wider array of colors since I was looking for a sandy-colored tile) any thoughts?? :study:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I use slate with my bearded dragon and leopard geckos and I love it! I used to have reptile carpet. As long as it has some texture to it then can get around just fine. It is really easy to clean. When you get them home just clean them really well before putting them in the tank.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Slate or Natural Stone tiles are great. Just be sure they've got some good texture to them.

Porcelin, Ceramic, Glazed, etc tiles are less than optimal as little dragon feet just slip and slide on them.

Be sure and have a couple of spares available. Both slate and stone are a bit porus and you may (will) have

to give them a good soaking/disinfecting now and then as they get poo'd on. It's nice to have extras to just

swap into place as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom