Considering Phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
I've found a website that ships Phoenix worms in Canada (http://www.supercricket.ca/phoenix_worms.html)

I have two adult dragons that have never had anything but crickets, greens, and the occasional hornworm (Striker had Butter worms once).
I am so tired of crickets. The noise, the stink, the constant cleaning of the keepers! Ugh!
I think I'd like to switch to Phoenix worms.
They come in three sizes:
Small (1/4") 150 to a cup
Medium (1/2") 100 to a cup
Large (3/4") 100 to a cup
They are all the same price.

What size should I buy?
If I bought the "small", could I feed them and fatten them up? (That would basically gave me a free cup for every 2 I buy... ;) )
How many should I expect my dragons to eat in a week?

The site says I don't need to do anything to care for them, but I treated my crix like pets, feeding them well and ensuring their enclosure was always clean. I believe healthy feeders lead to healthy dragons. With that in mind, is there anything extra I should do to ensure optimal health and nutrition of the worms?

Please share your experiences with these worms!
Thanks! :)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
BSFL are basically maggots, and pretty easy to feed. There is a guide on the right under articles. Many people culture them for composting so you could probably look in to that side of things to find other options to feed them (scraps and veggies and stuff).

They are incredibly small even full grown. Like waxworm sized. If your dragons like them I suspect they would go fast.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, Taterbug :)
At less than 10c a piece not including shipping, they're still cheaper than crickets (12c/1).
How many do you think they could eat in a day? Would a cup of 100 last me a few days? A week?
Should I mix it up and still get crickets, too?
They can still exceed 20 crix a day plus greens and baby food or pellets.
I was just hoping to find an "easy" feeder, as my health isn't great right now and caring for the crickets as anally as I do on top of the lizzies is exhausting. More so because I don't have anyone willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom