confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce82

Juvie Member
ok as y'all know my beardie has pretty much quit eating. has me worried like crazy. well last week I realized maybe the uvb light was older then I thought. so I upgraded him to a 22" t5 from a t8 bulb. well in the last 2 days he has pooped twice. nothing too big but was a nice poo. he hasn't pooed in over a week before this. do y'all think his eating issue was cause by improper amount of uvb and him not being able to digest the food to poo? cause I don't see how he's pooping and he hasn't eaten but one super worm in 2 weeks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a picture of your tank setup for us?
How close is the T5 from him & which brand is it, the Reptisun or the Arcadia?
What are the temperatures in the tank?
It's possible his system has been slown down from not enough UVB exposure. He should be starting to improve though soon. Since he isn't eating much, I would recommend starting him on a little bit of chicken or turkey baby food mixed with squash or sweet potato baby food, to help him out.
Is his weight stable or has he lost any weight?

Tracie

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yes he's lost a little weight, not much though. how much of baby food should I give him every day? cause I'm gonna have to force feed him, he hates the syringe. his temps are good, 93 and 78, basking 102, all measured with digital probes and ir gun. his basking is 12" under the t5. oh and it's a reptisun 10.0 t5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom