Concernee with my 6-7yo beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thel1ght

Original Poster
I really appreciate your post, the more info obviously the better, atleast it gives am idea of what i could be up against. Thx for the support and encouragement as well. Sorry to hear about your guy, hope he makes a full recovery as well. Great news about the Gecko! ?

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
I don't know much about this, but you could try a nebulizer. You can buy them but also home make them. It can really help dragons with persistent URI's or pneumonia. I would also contact the vet about the meds. You never want to end meds early because that can increase the resistance to them.

Thel1ght

Original Poster
So its been a few months, the improvement has been marginal and im not sure now if its getting better or at a stalemate.
The issue i see here mainly is, hell get excited about eating but after a few bites, hell start gaping and i notice the food is just sitting in his beard pocket. Almost as if he cant or doesnt know how to swallow anymore. Otherwise he still hasnt moved on his own other than occasionally moving his limbs when picked up or being placed down. His light and temps have been steady and consistent. Ive been keeping him hydrated and have mainly offered the repashy in smoothie yogurty form he really enjoys it... i just would like to see Kuma back to his normal self again and dont know what it will take. I just hope he isnt suffering in the meantime as this has been one of my off and on again worries as well. ?

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
I'm sorry things have yet to get better. It may be that he has Adenovirus and in the later stages of life it's been attacking his nerves? I know ADV positive dragons can develop twitches and shakes. Maybe he doesn't have control over certain aspects anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom