Concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelliousk

Hi all,

I just wanted to find out from some of you. I have a 5 month old beardie. She is eating normal and acting fine. But she is always sleeping if she not eating. Then she is sleeping! I have never seen her sleep this much before. Even my other 2 beardies 1 month older, don't sleep as much!

What could be causing this?

Much appreciated!

I'm certainly no veteran at this, but it may be worthwhile to consider a fecal exam for her. That way a vet can give you an idea of what's going on inside that you can't see or simply isn't being fully expressed. As long as your UVB, temps, and food are good then chances are she's just a more nappish dragon. Of course, she may be adjusting still as mine seems to be. Keep us posted!

rebelliousk

Original Poster
Wow!! What a relief!! Someone actually replied! And this site was supposed to be so helpful! Yet some high and mighties on here never bother replying!

Its all same as normal and perfect! Well, she seems fine. When I put food in last nite she ate a ton load and she chilled for awhile and then got comfy and dozed off! So maybe she just a nappish dragon, like you say! She is settled in already! Had her since she was a month old! Take each day as it comes and see what happens!

Thanks.

Heh, you're quite welcome. I'm hoping to hear back about my own dilemma with Toast. He seems to be showing much the same symptoms but it's been just under a week that he's been here. Unlike your's though, he doesn't eat. He's ignored everything other than six meal worms on day one. He handles well for brief periods of time, even snoozes on me, but all he does is sit on his basking log. The UVB tubes are brand new 10.0, the temps are perfect on either end of the enclosure. And while some may go into a panic that he's on crushed walnut shells he's been on it his entire life (he's over two years old) and it's never been an issue, and as a matter of fact seems to really get upset when he can't dig--and to make it even less of a potential issue i've been feeding him out of his enclosure when it comes to live prey. All he does, other than occasionally watch the room, is bask on his log. Sometimes eyes closed, sometimes staring off into space. I suppose this is still the adjustment phase, or perhaps i should say i hope it is. :|

rebelliousk

Original Poster
Well, I'm no expert at all. But have had my fair share of problems. But I have 3 beardies. Two 6 month olds and one 5 month old! And my two 6 month olds, had issues. The smaller one had mbd and the bigger one had tailrot! But we got over those issues!

All I can think of is, your one could just be settling in still stage. So what I would suggest maybe is does he eat greens generally? Cause if mine don't wanna eat sometimes I normally just put some greens in their bowl and eventually they'll eat when no one is around! I have never had this problem in the beginning, cause they ate immediately! So just give him time! Unless one of the more senior guys have better advice! And I have all of mine on kennaf. Which is kinda like very fine wood chippings and they can digest them fine if they accidentally eat it! Unfortunately not sure abou his behaviour. But sure he trying to adjust to the new tank! Has he made any fecal matter yet? Maybe he needs some help there....just an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom