concerned about the tippy tip of my babies tail....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so my darling dexter is a 3 week old male i got a week ago.....when i got him i guess i didnt notice the very tip of his tail....at the very end just a tiny little bit its black colored and kinda weird looking.....as the rest of his tail is white in color.....it doesnt seem to bother him and he never fusses when i touch it or try to get a closer look but i dunno. the guy i got him from a "breeder" had 15 babies in a 55 gallon tank and i noticed that there were alot of dead crickets and live crickets as well just covering the bottom of the tank. which i find as odd for a breeder to do since everyone knows you need to take crickets out of tank before the dragon goes to sleep so im wondering.......maybe when he was in that tank a cricket started to chomp on his tail? if this is the case will that part just fall off? I had 2 juvies before and both of them were missing the very tips of their tails as well is it possible that maybe the tip just falls off as babies? im confused. i'll try to get a good pic to post for yall in a bit. thanks
Dexters mummy

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Sounds to me like either the crickets or one of his clutchmates took a bite out of him. Keep an eye on it and make sure the black colour isn't moving up the tail. If you notice it moving upward, get him to a vet ASAP.

dextersmummy

Original Poster
i have been keeping my eye on it and it hasnt seemed to move up at all. its a very tiny spot we're talking like 1/16th of an inch or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom