Concerned about Slim - possible yellow fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2ua0bctt said:
Yes, just get some gauze at any drug store and apply the honey liberally, then tape it around his legs. I once had a dragon wound his eye and I used honey , gauze + tape to fix him a " pirate patch ". It worked perfectly and everything healed up within a week or so. I know your boy has a much more severe wound but I think it will work and if you just look at how they have it now, do it in a similar way. Get all the stuff laid out , even have the pieces of tape ready and it shouldn't take too long.

Okay thank you. I will be home late tonight but I'm going to pick up some honey and Gauze and tape while I'm out. I will likely update this within a day with lots of questions...

Thank you both so much for your help. I cannot express how grateful I am to have this resource. I only wish I used it sooner.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. I know that anyone reading this is very concerned about your boy. It's never about bashing a vet or saying do this, blah blah blah but really wanting to see the problem solved and also with concern for you, the owner who is suffering right along with your pet , who is like part of the family. BTW, if it looks nasty when you open it up, you CAN gently wipe any pus off with a soft clean towel dipped in a watered down betadine solution before applying the honey.

Another Q, is he eating or drinking ? It's O.K if he's not eating, he's got lots of weight on him but if he'll take in some hydration that would be good. Syringe drips on his snout or some home made smoothes with extra water.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":34xu9hio said:
You're welcome. I know that anyone reading this is very concerned about your boy. It's never about bashing a vet or saying do this, blah blah blah but really wanting to see the problem solved and also with concern for you, the owner who is suffering right along with your pet , who is like part of the family. BTW, if it looks nasty when you open it up, you CAN gently wipe any pus off with a soft clean towel dipped in a watered down betadine solution before applying the honey.

Another Q, is he eating or drinking ? It's O.K if he's not eating, he's got lots of weight on him but if he'll take in some hydration that would be good. Syringe drips on his snout or some home made smoothes with extra water.

Thank you so much. He is is eating about as much as he usually is. Since I can't really give him bath right now with the open wound, I've been giving him water via dropper every other day or so.

Do you think one week is way too long to wait right now? I'm hesitant to take this into my own hands, but I can't see the new vet for another 6 days. So I guess the safest option is to just take care of it myself this weekend, but I'm really nervous.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he's eating + drinking, that's fantastic. :) If he were in severe pain he would not be doing so. And I can understand you are nervous, anyone would be. But what Ellen + I aid is true, this should not be covered for a week at a time, it's going to fester in there and possibly cause gangrene even. You can do this, it is really not that painful for him right now and you can start the ball rolling right away. You don't know what it's going to look like 6 days from now.

And remember, the honey must be raw + unpasteurized. Did you see how quickly it worked on that little baby in Germany ? That's AFTER they tried all the big pharma drugs they could throw at it. Two weeks with honey + the wound was closed. And I've seen much worse wounds on the vet thread that I now can't find that also healed.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3hhrffz9 said:
If he's eating + drinking, that's fantastic. :) If he were in severe pain he would not be doing so. And I can understand you are nervous, anyone would be. But what Ellen + I aid is true, this should not be covered for a week at a time, it's going to fester in there and possibly cause gangrene even. You can do this, it is really not that painful for him right now and you can start the ball rolling right away. You don't know what it's going to look like 6 days from now.

And remember, the honey must be raw + unpasteurized. Did you see how quickly it worked on that little baby in Germany ? That's AFTER they tried all the big pharma drugs they could throw at it. Two weeks with honey + the wound was closed. And I've seen much worse wounds on the vet thread that I now can't find that also healed.

Ok. I'll do it tonight.

I'm getting betadine just in case. If i need it, how much do i dilute it?

I just picked up raw, organic, unpasteurized honey.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Dilute the betadine to look the color of iced tea, it should not be used full strength. Good thing you've got the honey, it really should help. One more thing, are his preanal pores affected as well ? Those are the 2 pores right above his vent ? If they were NOT affected, you can actually just bandage each individual leg.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2kf29g51 said:
Dilute the betadine to look the color of iced tea, it should not be used full strength. Good thing you've got the honey, it really should help. One more thing, are his preanal pores affected as well ? Those are the 2 pores right above his vent ? If they were NOT affected, you can actually just bandage each individual leg.

I think that area is affected too, which is why they have him wrapped that way. I will post a picture of the wound once the bandage is off - either tonight or tomorrow (depending on whether i get home before he goes to sleep tonight). Just a warning that it will be graphic, if that's ok.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":39z0n3m4 said:
Yes, I'm sure it will be. That's too bad because they were perfectly fine in your pictures.

BTW, here is just one of many vets that use honey, check out the pics and read WHY the honey works. The more you read about it with real professionals having success, the better you'll feel .

https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/the-sweet-side-of-managing-open-wounds/

Okay, thank you so much. The reason it's graphic is because there's a large swath of exposed muscle where they peeled away the black tissue. (which has been healing well actually, albeit slowly).

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here is the honey i bought.

Pf2VPs0.jpg

mEaY1Mz.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's probably fine but being organic they have not strained it so it may contain tiny bits of the actual insects, etc. The raw honey I use is pure + unpasteurized, the only difference from what you have is that it's strained so there are no pieces of anything else in it. Like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmtfJJCfMdRzbIprt2eD4GWviVSodiKavge4Ja7aJH7TSLJrw_7Ftm9qdw6vQUVjlPPyzcVPQ&usqp=CAc

So I don't know about the kind you have, it's probably fine but I like the other kind better. It's easier to pour as well. The kind you have is not pourable.

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":33slgm2h said:
It's probably fine but being organic they have not strained it so it may contain tiny bits of the actual insects, etc. The raw honey I use is pure + unpasteurized, the only difference from what you have is that it's strained so there are no pieces of anything else in it. Like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmtfJJCfMdRzbIprt2eD4GWviVSodiKavge4Ja7aJH7TSLJrw_7Ftm9qdw6vQUVjlPPyzcVPQ&usqp=CAc

So I don't know about the kind you have, it's probably fine but I like the other kind better. It's easier to pour as well. The kind you have is not pourable.

Damn it...

I couldn't find one that wasn't organic.

This is so stressful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom