Concerned about my beardie ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Just to warn you, most petstores we go into don't carry the reptisun 10 tube. If you can't get that one, don't get the reptiglo 10 tube as a lot of people have noticed problems, especially eye problems, crop up in their dragons afte using them for a day or two. If you don't have that reptisun 10 tube in the store you work at, you can always try to get it from here for under $20, with shipping added on top of that http://www.petmountain.com.

Fatehand

Original Poster
Just a quick update on my situation.

Ive changed his cage around lined his cage with some shelf paper that I got online that seems to work good coupled with a few paper towels.

His lighting and heat are all running good now and his UVB is all set up.

Im really glad I decided to keep him, just a few questions I wanted to throw out though.

How often is to often to give him a bath? I gave him a bath a few days ago and I actually enjoyed it, it seems to me like a good way for him to learn to trust me so I was wondering if there is a concern of over hydrating him or not.

also after coming home from work and getting ready to feed him his entire body is darker then it normally is, then AFTER he eats he is his normal tan self again. Im just looking for a simple explanation on why he does that :p Is it just because hes hungry?

Hes a picture of little Lampy (This is before the change in substrate so don't bash me for the sand! lol)
3644b8659c7d__1241428211000-1.jpg

Seven65

Juvie Member
They can darken for several reasons, quite often has to do with temperature, they're darker when they're cold because they want to absorb more heat. You'll notice that when they bask they flatten out and turn dark to absorb the heat. It seems like my dragon will sometimes be darker when he's in a bad mood. I'm sure there's other reasons for it, it may have to do with hunger it may not. Maybe someone else could give some extra input?

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Its most likly relocation stress they tend to take about a week or two to get used to us and their new homes :D He/She is so cute! And dont fret if they dont like the tile at first thats normal too. Welcome to BD.org! And once you get the hang of it its a snap! But like someone warned you. They are like chips you just cant stop at one :shock: We started at one and now we have 5 and fostering 2 LOL

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Nope, it's not possible to overbathe, babies actually should be bathed every day because they dehydrate very easily.

Chryss

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":a2944 said:
Excellent reply Cheryl! :headbang:

Fatehand I purchased my slate tiles at OSH it was much cheaper than Home Depot or Lowes...I paid $19.99 for 10 tiles.
Also another option for thermometer would be an infrared temp gun if you don't wish to have wires in you enclosure. If you have a Harbor Freight in your area they sell them for $9.99 which is a great deal.
What is OSH?

Chryss

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":eed90 said:
Chryss":eed90 said:
What is OSH?
:oops: Sorry! :laughing6:
That would be Orchard Supply Hardware, a hardware store that we have in California. :wink:

FYI map of locations for any Cali members that might be interested;
http://osh.know-where.com/osh/

Also a link to locations where Harbor Freight Tools can be found in 44 states of the USA;
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf
Ah. That would explain why I didn't know what it was. :lol: I am in Michigan. Too bad it is only in CA. That is a great deal. I am going to check out Lowes see what they have.

Oh I just saw your link for Harbor Freight. They have them too? We do have one of those right near us. I will check them out too if they have them.

Oh geez never mind, I just saw the reason for the link for Harbor Freight. Yes that is where I got my temp gun and scale the weighs in grams from there.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Chryss":51f33 said:
Oh geez never mind, I just saw the reason for the link for Harbor Freight. Yes that is where I got my temp gun and scale the weighs in grams from there.
Yeah! I'd never buy tools from there but there gadgets I've never had any problems with. An you just can't beat that price on the temp gun...verses $25 and up anywhere else.
BTW how much did you pay for the scale from there?

Chryss

Hatchling Member
fresnowitte":98fc2 said:
Chryss":98fc2 said:
Yeah! I'd never buy tools from there but there gadgets I've never had any problems with. An you just can't beat that price on the temp gun...verses $25 and up anywhere else.
BTW how much did you pay for the scale from there?
It's a pocket scale and it was $9.99 also. It goes up to 1000 grams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom