Coming out of brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgilmor

Hi. There has been a lot of discussion about brumation - in particular, going INTO brumation.
There has been less discussion about coming OUT of brumation.

Do they just wake up one day and act hungry? Do they go back and forth for a while?
Princess went into brumation in August, and we've been taking her out once every 5 to 6 days to give her a warm soak and dribble water on her nose (sometimes she drinks, sometimes she doesn't). She wakes up a little, but not much.

But this morning she looked so alert during her bath that I showed her a bit of leaf and a yellow nasturtium, and she gobbled them up. (we've showed her food before and she didn't even look at it). We made a run to town and got 10 very small crickets (they didn't have any big ones -- Princess is 18 inches long at least!). She ate 3 of the crickets. She wanted to eat the other two we had in the tub with her, but they were so small and hoppy she couldn't catch them.

Will she go back to sleep? Should I put her hidey box back in the tank with her shredded paper towels in case she wants to? Or should I leave it out so she'll be less likely to go back to sleep?

dragons1222

Juvie Member
now that you have fed her i would not let her go back to sleep until she has pooped

if i were you i would have waited at least a few days to feed her to make sure she was staying awake

you dont want to leave food in there or it will rot in her gut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom