COLORS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
Allthe pictures on this site has shown me the wide variety of colors. I know that with Shelties you breed and you get specific colors. Anyone know about the Beardies colors and or what is "normals vs a morph' and what genes do what?

One picture showed yellow with a deep grey that made me just blink and go how.... :shock:

THANKS! :)

redflea13

Color morphs are from selective breeding so you can get severel different colors out of the same parents. There are a couple of simple recessive morphs though. Hypo and transleuscent.

Tiantha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Enjoy!?! Wow. You just unraveled every unspoken question I had about the colors and the morphs.

THANK YOU!

coltonl

i know this is kind of old but WOW i got some really useful info from this!!!!!!!!!! I actually found out that all 6 of my dragons are related in some way down the line..... but from reading the post on the other forum pretty much all dragons are related and there is almost no way around in breeding dragons.

Is there any way to identify beardies? My male seems pretty yellow most of the time. My female is pretty dark on her back, her beard is light orange. The people we bought them from didn't have any details for us. If I post pics. could you guys give me your opinion?

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
The more color each parent has the more color the babies are likely to have.

Also a Normal looking one from brightly colored parents is likely to have genes its not showing for brighter colors, whereas a normal looking one from normal looking parents is less likely to.

NiKolae

I have been looking for something like this for forever it feels...thank you for asking this question so that I could find it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom