Collard Lizard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericw1969

Hi, I have 2 great collareds. They are very friendly, docile, and love to be handled, and seem to be happy and thriving.

For the past 2 weeks or so, they have been eating less, and sleeping much more. I feed them mainly calcium dusted crickets, and some veggies now and then. At various points in the day they will be very active, but much less frequently lately. I haven't noticed any weight loss. When I hold them, they are calm and very affectionate. Is this a normal seasonal thing, or should I be concerned? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

ericw1969

Original Poster
Hi,

I've stopped worrying. They still sleep a lot, but are eating much better, and overall seem fine. Both have taken to using the felt substrate as a "blanket" and seem to enjoy spending time there even though the temp is fine. Once I handle them a little, they are their old selves. Calm frinedly little guys.

Thanks

fuzlbaby

Gray-bearded Member
I have a trio of collards, they have done the same thing. I think that they brumate around this time, which is normal. Mine have done this the same time last year too, and they are really healthy and fine.

Rosebud

Gray-bearded Member
You can try increasing the temps and ambient light a little, but if they are just sleepy because of the season, they really won't lose weight. If they start looking skinny, then we need to discuss it.

I LOVE collareds! I have a bunch. Most of them are brumating, but I have three girls that refused to go to sleep! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom