coil bulb? or tube? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessd123

ehh i have yet another question like i have said in my other posts asking about the solar drops we have never had the correct uvb lighting for our beardies... let me rephrase that... beardie. and i think that may be the reason we lost our baby girl the other day :cry: and now my baby boy has injured his leg sometime this weekend and i want to do everything im my power to help him get healthy and his leg more comfortable... i took out his climbing rock and just have a tiny cave in there for now that he can lounge on. but i keep reading different posts on here and i keep coming across that the coil lights produce little to no uvb at all and are harmful more than they are helpful.. and i really need to know because i am heading to the store later to get him another uvb light/fixture IF i need a new fixture.... i have a tube light... that i have never used until recently... because i didnt think it was even necessary. because people who work at pet stores especially petsmart.. i just wish i would've joined this site sooner... i just need some advice

i am currently using this... does it produce uvb? i got it from my husbands brother... he used to have an iguana... and he said this is what he used but he's an ***** and his iguana only lived for like a month due to him never feeding it and not giving it proper nutrients... anyhoo... let me know?!

light.jpg

i had to throw this one in also.

bog.jpg

Jessd123

Original Poster
*because people who work at petsmart have no idea what the are talking about and their care sheets are completly bogus...* sorry left that line out.

LJean

Extreme Poster
You want to stay away from the coil and compact bulbs.

There are two options to go with for UVB. ReptiSUN 10 linear bulb or a mercury vapor bulb. Be sure you do not get the ReptiGLO bulb unless you can find an 8.

ReptiSUN 10 linear, you will need a fixture for flourescent lighting for the size of the bulb you get. You will still need a heat light.

Mercury vapor bulbs (Megaray, T Rex active, Powersun) produce both heat and UVB. These look like large lightbulbs and can be used with a deep domed (with ceramic) clamp lamp.

Jessd123

Original Poster
i will definitely go out looking for one later. if i cannot find the proper one at the petstore i will order one from online. thank you so much for your advice, you have been very helpful to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom