Coccidia treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcourtney3

Hatchling Member
I took my beardie to the vet yesterday to have a fecal done. He had a very high count for coccidia (the worst she's seen apparently, "wall to wall coccidia, you couldn't see anything else".) I didn't get the exact count though. I'm taking him to the vet this morning to have an exam done, the vet says she wants to make she he's hydrated and otherwise healthy before she prescribes anything. I was wondering, what specific things do I need to keep in mind when treating him? What is the appropriate mixture of a bleach water solution to use to sanitize his enclosure? I can't find any soy yogurt so I'm going to order Acidophiliz+. When I get that, how much do I administer? I'm really nervous I'm going to mess this up so any help would be appreciated.

Abe is about four to five months old, almost 80 grams (I'll get the exact weight later, he's sleeping now.), and 10.5 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom