Coccidia question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menolly

Juvie Member
I just got a fecal done for my beardie recently because he was having some appetite issues and he would be falling asleep usually an hour before his usual bedtime. Most days he is taking a nap when I let him when he is outside of the cage. Anyways, the results from the fecal test resulted in a +1 count for coccidia. I was wondering if that deemed it necessary to use the medicine that the vet prescribed. After waiting about 4 days, I finally had to call them to get the results. Frankly I would like to get a better opinion on here whether or not I should be making my baby take the meds.

He has been eating better lately. He is eating his worms at both feeding times. At least 10-15in one sitting. It's like his appetite has suddenly decided to turn around.

Menolly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He hasn't been. I just got the fecal done to make sure he didn't have parasites. The coccidia count is +1, I was wondering if he actually needed to take the medicine since the count was so low.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
probably or else the count will continue. There is a vet on this forum, Drache. You can PM her and ask. She will even help you with dosage.

scion

Hatchling Member
Schnitzle has coccidia and pin worms +4 coccidia and +3 pinworms. Tracie was helping me in a thread in dealing with infectious diseases, and said those numbers were boarder line to treat. So I doubt you need be concerned. But I would either PM her or wait for her to get to this thread. Heres a ink to the thread she was helping me with http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=99473

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom