Coccida..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

Hello, I'm just coming back to the forums because I ordered some albon from beautifuldragons.org and I'm just wondering how do I judge the dosages he needs? The only reason i ordered it online is because he'd recently went through treatments and he seemed to be doing better and then all of the sudden he started feeling worse again :(. I recently got laid off from work so I couldn't afford to take him back to the vet so i ordered some albon off the website :( can someone please help me with dosages?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Sorry to hear your beardie is battling Coccidia. I am no expert when it comes to dosing meds for beardies, but we have someone here who is very knowledgable in that area. Her name is Tracie(Drache613). I will shoot her a pm and have her visit your thread with the dosing info. If you happen to look at this post before she arrives, which is periodically throughout the day, she may need some info from you. She will probably want to know your beardie's weight and the concentration of the Albon.
Make sure if you do use the Albon to keep your beardie oraly hydrated and give him a probiotic, due to the harshness of the Albon.
Good Luck! :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The coccidia is sometimes so hard to get rid of.
What is the concentration of the Albon? I will take a look at her site, as I can't remember offhand what the concentration is. Did she not include a dosing chart with it?
What is the weight of your dragon?

Are you giving probiotics as well?

Tracie

EvilYoul

Original Poster
The Albon is a 5% concentration 50. And I'd just received my Albon in the mail today :) and it came with a paper explaining how to use it but I can't remember how much my vet said my dragon weighed and I don't have a scale to way him on. And yeah I've been giving him acidophiliz probiotic.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
My dragon had a bought of Coccida and I chose not to go the Albon route because of the harsh side effects, and the fact that it doesn't kill the Coccida, just keeps it from 'growing' That's why it returns a lot of times when using Albon.

I had my vet call in Ponazuril because they didn't sell it. My beardie was on it for 3 days, and was coccidia free after that and has been since.

It's more expensive than the Albon, I paid $35 for the 3 days dosage, but I still have quite a bit left because they gave me extra.

My vet was able to call it into www.roadrunnerpharmacy.com and they overnighted it to me.

Just a thought.. I was very happy with the outcome and threw my Albon away..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom