Co-habitating!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have been on this site long enough to know not to put a male and a female together in the same tank.

We have been trying to breed our female and male for a few months with no luck.

Well last weekend we put Siren in Quetzal's tank for the afternoon. Hoping a longer stay would do the trick. Well, they had a little "fun" and then seemed content to bask side by side. No more nookie.

She has been in his tank (75 gal bowfront) all week and her colors have never been better except immediately following bath time.

When I got up this morning, they were asleep side by side and she had a front leg thrown over him. It was so sweet.

These guys are full grown adults, never been together except for breeding attempts. both have 75 gal tanks with all the amenities provided by good beardie slaves.

There has been no excessive "wrestling" or bearding.

If they start to appear to be tired of each other I will put Siren back in her tank but for now, they are both is great color, and content, I'm gonna let sleeping and basking beardies lie

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I really suggest you don't. They might be content for the moment, but they can turn on each other very quickly, and you can't watch them 24/7 to seperate the moment something goes wrong.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Well, they sound real sweet. If I left mine together the giddy little devil would breed her to death. :evil: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom