Clovis hates her harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Clovis hates her harness. She beards and sulks and tries to rub it off. I think she feels like it restricts her movement. I want to have lots of outside time with her this summer, but the harness rage is thwarting my plans. Should I keep at it and hope she gets used to it? Make the holes wider? I do not want to let her go free because I might lose her. How do your beardies deal with their reptile harnesses?

sheri85

Juvie Member
Archer doesn't like his harness either. he puffs up his beard and even scratches at it with his back legs. i just keep it on him. i'm not sure that there's really a way to get them used to it. as long as it's not hurting her or keeping her from breathing she should be fine. in my case anyway, Archer can be a bit dramatic. the more i have it on him the less time he spends trying to get out of it. i think he's starting to understand that if he wears it he gets to run around and play, otherwise he has to stay in the tank. i think eventually she'll give in and stop being so difficult.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Jupiter used to hate his harness, now he could care less. Just keep using it, she will get used to it eventually.

SunShine

Juvie Member
I actually have http://www.petco.com/product/5025/F...x?CoreCat=MM_ReptileSupplies_HarnessesLeashes and Horus loves it. He sits on my leg while I put it on and adjust him. He has never tried to run or snap and just waits calmly for me to finish and pick him up. Then he lays on my arms and goes with me =) (I use it cause I have not had him long, a couple days, and I do not want him to run under anything and get lost. This way, if he wants to explore I can see the blue and know where he is, and also discover some of his favorite spots.)
Try having Clovis on your leg and pet her till she looks calm, then slip it on a little at a time. Or try the harness I linked, completely adjustable, haven't had problems yet. Light and flexible.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It is funny, she will let me put it on without any fuss at all, but she hates moving around in it.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is it the type that goes across the chest and with the front leg holes? If so, she probably does feel restrictive. You might want to think about getting an iguana harness that the link was posted of, much more freedom of movement with those.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It actually goes over the head and then around the belly, it also has a locking mechanism. Here's a picture of Misty wearing it.
IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom