Cloudy has his first boo boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hey all,

It's been ages since I've been on the boards and I'm in need of some input.

Five-year-old Cloudy, who is graying everwhere in preperating for a shed, somehow scaped his chin and peeled off a bit of shed off before it's time. I believe he's managed to knock off a scale given the touch of blood I'm seeing...

Hoping for some input on the best way to treat and shared experiences if anyone happens to have any. Cloudy, for his part, seems fine and completely unaware--such is his nature. ;) Just ate a mess of squash and appears no worse the wear, but I just want to make sure we treat it properly so it doesn't turn into anything worse.

Thanks,

Em

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Em....you could put some honey on that boo - boo. [ Sorry, couldn't help myself ] Actually , unpasteurized honey[ it must be unpasteurized ] is a great wound dressing, it's a natural antibacterial + antibiotic. I always have it on hand for any type of scrapes on my beardies and even used it for an eye infection. In that case I added a bit of warm water to make a consistency that could be applied with a Q-tip. If you'd rather go with antibiotic cream, that would be your other option. If you do use honey, be sure there are no left over crickets roaming the tank that would be attracted to it.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Wow, honey... who knew?

So far, I've been just dabbing it with warm water and a touch of soap on a cotton ball. But I wanted to treat with something before he snuggles in for the night. I don't have any honey in the house at present, so I'll have to use some antibiotic ointment.

Many thanks! :)

~Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom