Climbing The Walls....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm....so I'm getting to know my little Bernadette and have a question.....why does she like to 'climb' the walls of her tank? Naturally she can't really climb the walls but she sure tries. Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me? Thanks much.....OH! Does anyone else share life with a beardie who likes to watch t.v.? :D

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Mine also both climb their walls! We actually improvised a little and got some plastic mesh (it's the best description I can come up with) to attach to their walls. Now, if we are driving them up the walls, they can actually get there!

04012011298.jpg

dragonkeeper777

Original Poster
:lol: hahaha that is so funny. I may consider the mesh later myself. I will not concern myself with it then....since I know it's a 'dragon thing'. Thanks so much..

:blob5:

bernadette7.jpg

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
She is gorgeous. You will find out soon enough that they have some seriously funny habits and personalities - for instance, on the photograph I posted - one of our dragons WILL NOT go to bed without his teddy bear... And yes, climbing is a very beardie thing to do:
04122010250-1.jpg

RockyPlusBen

Hatchling Member
When they do this they probably want out and want to explore and run around. So when Rocky does this I let him out and explore a little while I watch him to make sure he doesn't do anything dangerous (which is hard to do) :lol:
Sometimes, when I put him back he's like NOOOO then starts climbing the walls again. Then I'll give him a bath and maybe hold him some more.
It's funny because even though it's impossible to climb up a glass wall, they will try their very best lol.

dragonkeeper777

Original Poster
Thanks for the insight....I have a cricket question too.....I fed Bernie about 20 crickets last night and she ate every one. Today she has not touched any food...no greens, no peas, no crickets......is it possible she's just not hungry? :?

RockyPlusBen

Hatchling Member
How old is she? Because older bearded dragons will sometimes skip a day of eating. Even if she is younger they will sometimes skip a day simply because they are not hungry. Try again tomorrow and I'm sure she will be snatching those crickets up again. :D

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
At 7 months, they might well miss a day just to keep us on our toes! If it carries on for longer than a day, I would also worry, but ours sometimes pig out so much on one day that the next day they just can't get anything else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom