Cleaning fake rock and viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had Leonidas for just over a week now and his rock is starting to look nasty. We take the poops out everyday but the residue left behind needs cleaned. The rock cannot be removed from the viv because it was custom made to fit the entire length and width of the viv and has several caves and a ramp up to the basking area so it cannot be easily lifted out of the viv. Is there a safe cleaning solution I can use in the viv to clean the rock and plexi-glass doors of the viv? I am afraid to use something that could harm Leo. Thanks!

FishboneNC

Hatchling Member
Most people use a 50/50 of water and vinegar...I use less vinegar.
I wouldn't use any bleach or ammonia...it's not safe for humans!

You'll probably have to scrub the rocks then do a complete wipe down of any splashing.
Of course, you have take the little guy out first, and let it air out, with the heat on for a good long while.

I use a small Shark vacuum to suck up any dead skin, or dried up veggies pieces.

loveourbeardie

Original Poster
OK great! I will give that a try. I saw some viv cleaner at the pet store but I am always suspicious of buying stuff at pet stores. Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom