Cleaning Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

Hello, I stopped in because I gotta question about cleaning/disinfecting my 5 ft by 3 ft by 2 ft. tall vivarium that I'd recently bought off of a guy, its made out of melamine wood the guy that previously owned it had a python in it and when i bought it it pretty much looked clean and didn't smell or anything but the guy had tile on the floor on one side of the cage and a ceramic heater on top right above the tile and so I removed both the old tile and ceramic heater and under the tile was a **** load of dried up piss that smelt horrible.. the guy said the python died in there from what who knows? Can someone help me out with this one? A little bit ago I cleaned up the dry piss with pine saw then let it dry and got a squirt bottle and filled it full of hott water and put about a table spoon of ammonia in it and squirted the cage down really well with that and let it sit for about 20 mins and then i wiped it all up before it soaked into the wood and now i got a small fan inside of the cage so it will air out.. will this be good enough???

fez09

Extreme Poster
I know that amonia kills everything but it makes me sick so I use a steam cleaner! If you dont' have on and can deal with the stinky stuff use that then rinse...then rinse again! Once it airs out I think you're safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom