Cleaning dubia bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdave

Juvie Member
How clean should the bin be? Should I leave some of the poo for the babies, or just get all neat freak about it?

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
From what I've read, the bin only needs to be cleaned every few months. The babies do eat the droppings I guess, so if you want to leave some that's okay, but it's not like they won't make more. :wink:

Poke

I usually clean my roach bin every 6 months or so. Or when the poop gets to much in the bin. If i cant even see the babies anymore cause they are digging through the poop then its time to clean.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Poke":2u1wcbwf said:
I usually clean my roach bin every 6 months or so. Or when the poop gets to much in the bin. If i cant even see the babies anymore cause they are digging through the poop then its time to clean.

I think it's kind of cute (though, gross when you think about it) when I move stuff around and see the little roaches burrowing around in the poo.

Poke

Lol ewwww thats not cute. But I do leave some of the poop in the new clean bin so the babies have something to eat. Its just a pain though trying to shift through all that poop trying to get all the babies.

Grimleo

Juvie Member
I clean EVERYTHING after about a month, because this is when the dubia actually start smelling pretty bad x.x Though I haven't had them long enough to tell you the pros or cons of doing this(only a few months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom